Sunday, June 3, 2018

My last week in Chile has been awesome! This Friday I educated my 5th grade art class about ocean pollution. I told them how plastics are killing many forms of marine life. I explained to them how sea turtles are dying because they see plastic bags and mistake them as food (jellyfish). The kids seemed very interested in this topic and I had them bring in trash to make artwork. The students had great ideas and I can't wait to see how their artwork turns out!


We also had a very nice dinner at El Quincho with our teachers. I've had a great time working with my teachers and I'm glad I got to teach lessons in both my classes. This week I finished grading my coral reef worksheet after I showed my 9th grade biology class Chasing Coral. I'm glad I could share what I care about and hopefully inspire some students to care about environmental issues!
I can't believe my trip in Chile has come to an end. I am extremely grateful for this opportunity to experience Chilean culture and I plan on coming back some day! I am very thankful for how awesome my host was and I am going to miss them very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment