Sunday, June 3, 2018

Adiós 🇨🇱 - Leslie

The last hoorah!
It’s been our third and final week here and when I think about that, I get sad. I really like staying here and I will miss my host family and Chile. In just a few days we have done so many more things! You are probably asking yourself how do I manage to get up everyday and not be exhausted? Well, I am. I am exhausted every day but it is worth it. I don’t want to miss out on anything. Sometimes you only get to experience things once in your lifetime. 
Traveling & Living Life ✌🏼

Thermal baths: We went to Chillan, which is in the mountains and hiked. The scene was breathtaking. The climb was exhausting but worth it. All the baths were outdoors but were heated to perfection. The only con? We looked like cone heads/ synchronized swimmers with the caps we had to wear. It was still such a great time. I was a little disappointed that we didn’t get to see any snow. But the weather was perfect! 
LSU Teach in Chile 2018 Friends

Pascuense Attire
Lastly, every night has been packed with farewell dinners, hugs, kisses, and gifts. I have checked-in and printed my ticket. I need to repack my bags. And with tears in my eyes, I write my last post thinking how in two days I will back in Louisiana and won’t have a little girl yelling “Amiga!” at me, or sitting down having “once” while watching Zeynep, or gossiping with Barbara on the way home from school as she points out I will get pimples because I eat too much chocolate. This trip has been amazing. I learned a folkloric dance called Pascuense. I go back home with new friendships, memories, and experiences. 

Barbi & Me + 6 layers of clothes  ❤️
Update: The goodbye's were a lot more emotional than I expected. My host sister cried and y'all she's not the type of person to cry! 😭 It was so hard to leave. 
Chile, I will be back!! Familia Léon, Thank you and I love you all!! 

¡La última hoorah!
Ha sido nuestra tercera y última semana aquí y cuando pienso en eso, me siento triste. Me ha gustado quedarme aquí y extrañaré a mi familia anfitriona y a Chile. ¡En solo unos días hemos hecho muchas cosas más! He estado exhausta todos los días pero vale la pena. No quise perderme de nada. A veces solo puedes experimentar cosas una vez en tu vida.

Baños termales: Fuimos a Chillan, que está en las montañas y caminamos. La escena fue impresionante. La escalada fue agotadora pero valió la pena. Todos los baños estaban al aire libre, pero estaban muy calientitos. El único con? Parecíamos cabezas de cono / nadadoras sincronizados con las gorras que teníamos que usar. Pero fue muy divertido. Estaba un poco decepcionado porque no pudimos ver nieve. ¡Pero el clima fue perfecto!

Por último, cada noche fue de cenas de despedida, abrazos, besos y regalos. Imprimí mi boleto. Empaque mis maletas cómo mil veces con la ayuda de Barbara. Y con lágrimas en los ojos, escribí mi último blog pensando cómo en dos días regresaré a Louisiana y no tendré a una niñita gritándome "Amiga!", O sentándome a mirar la novela Zeynep, o gossip con Barbara en el camino a casa  mientras ella me dice que me saldran pimples porque como mucho chocolate. Este viaje ha sido increíble. Hasta aprendí un baile folclórico llamado Pascuense. Regreso a casa con nuevas amistades, recuerdos y experiencias.

Update: Los despedidas fueron mucho más emocionales de lo que esperaba. ¡Mi hermana anfitriona lloró y ella no es la tipo de persona que llorar! 😭 Fue muy difícil irme.
Chile, ¡volveré! Familia León, ¡¡¡Gracias y los quiero mucho!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment