Friday, May 18, 2018

Reunited & It Feels So Good! - Erika

   I am absolutely ecstatic to be back in Conce with my familia Chilena and CCSP babies! But even though I'm with the same family and profe as last year, this first week has been a very different experience. For example, last year I was a little bit uncomfortable being babied and spoiled because I'm not used to that at all. Not only am I a full grown adult at 24 years old with my own home and bills, but I was always very mature and independent even when I was still a teenager in high school. I've even done my own laundry ever since I was tall enough to reach inside the washing machine, probably age 11 at the latest, so being taken care of and releasing control was extremely difficult for me at first. This year is a completely different story! I still help out with chores like doing the dishes and making my bed, but now I'm much more like, "Hola, mami! Yes, I'm your baby, that's me! I might be older than your children but I'm the newest baby in the family!"


¡Estoy absolutamente emocionado de estar de vuelta en Conce con mi familia Chilena y bebés CCSP! Pero a
 pesar de que estoy con la misma familia y profe como el año pasado, esta primera semana ha sido una 
experiencia muy diferente. Por ejemplo, el año pasado me sentí un poco incómodo siendo mimado y mimado 
porque no estoy acostumbrado a eso en absoluto. No solo soy un adulto adulta de 24 años con mi propio hogar 
y mis cuentas, sino que siempre fui muy maduro e independiente, incluso cuando aún era un adolescente en la
 escuela secundaria. Incluso he hecho mi propia colada desde que tenía la altura suficiente para meterme dentro 
de la lavadora, probablemente a los 11 años a más tardar, por lo que al principio me cuidó y me liberó del 
control. ¡Este año es una historia completamente diferente! Todavía ayudo con las tareas domésticas, como
 lavar los platos y hacer mi cama, pero ahora me parezco mucho más a "Hola, mami! Sí, soy tu bebé, soy yo. 
Podría ser más viejo que tus hijos, pero yo" ¡Soy el bebé más nuevo de la familia!



   One thing that didn't change is my love for Colegio Concepcion and the familial atmosphere here at school. I feel so at home in this school and my love for Cecilia's students grows more every day. The 5th and 6th graders are definitely still my favorite part of being here and I would spend every single day of these three weeks in the classroom teaching if I could! Two of her classes are the same group that I worked with last year, but I also have some new babies from Nico's 5th grade students. In addition to the children, I feel a deep, strong connection to the teachers who work here. They have totally taken me in as one of their own and welcomed me into their team. Even the librarian (Tia Gina) is super sweet and welcoming. Everyone remembers me from last year. They were all just as excited to reconnect as I was, so we picked up on the same foot we left off on right away and it feels like I never left. The feeling that this is my home and where I'm supposed to be is still very strong; if anything it has only grown stronger and deeper with each day and each new connection I make.


Una cosa que no cambió es mi amor por el Colegio Concepción y la atmósfera familiar aquí en la escuela. 
Me siento como en casa en esta escuela y mi amor por los alumnos de Cecilia crece más cada día. ¡Los 
alumnos de 5º y 6º definitivamente siguen siendo mi parte favorita de estar aquí y me gustaría pasar todos los 
días de estas tres semanas enseñando en el aula si pudiera! Dos de sus clases son del mismo grupo con el que 
trabajé el año pasado, pero también tengo algunos recién nacidos de los alumnos de quinto grado de Nico. 
Además de los niños, siento una conexión profunda y fuerte con los maestros que trabajan aquí. Me han tomado
 totalmente como uno de los suyos y me dieron la bienvenida a su equipo. Incluso la bibliotecaria (Tia Gina) es
 súper dulce y acogedora. Todos me recuerdan del año pasado. Estaban todos tan emocionados de volver a 
conectar como yo, así que tomamos el mismo pie que dejamos en seguida y parece que nunca me fui. La 
sensación de que este es mi hogar y donde se supone que debo estar todavía es muy fuerte; en todo caso, solo ha
 crecido más fuerte y más profundo con cada día y cada nueva conexión que hago.



"Yes, Miss Ceci is dancing now!"

Not to pick favorites, buuuuut this class, Ceci's 6A, are my babies. <3

^ Speed Dating ^

No comments:

Post a Comment