Thursday, May 24, 2018

Week Dos

I never want to leave this place...... This week has gone by so fast! We didn’t have school on Monday because of a national holiday, on Tuesday we took a trip to Chiflon del Diablo. The mine was awesome, we had to wear cute little hard hats and we walked through the actual mine that is no longer functioning. When we got down there our tour guide, who was a former miner in Chiflon del Diablo he instructed us to turn off our light. Suddenly it was pitch black. It was so dark I didn’t know if my eyes were opened or closed. Our tour guide told us he wanted to sing us a Chilean miners song, it was so beautiful. I instantly got chills, all of my senses were heightened because it was so dark, which made the song a lot more meaningful. Following the tour of the actual mine, we toured the town around the mine. It was near the beach, and there were beautiful views. Visiting Chiflon del Diablo was one of the coolest things I have ever experienced.





Back at school, I am working with Gloria, I told her I wanted to do a project with the class to take home. The idea I came up with was to have the students individual American flags and I would draw a Chilean flag. Around my Chilean flag, I put the student's fingerprinted in red and blue paint and had them sign their name by their fingerprints. Around their American flag, I wrote a note and put my fingerprint. The final project came out a lot better than I expected it to turn out, each student was so different although they were assigned the same thing. The students had a blast and I had a blast watching them smile and get excited to do a project with me. I wish I could add more pictures but here is a pic of my Chilean flag and one student's American flag.






Although I was a little homesick this week, I am having a fantastic time. This trip has impacted my life in so many drastic ways. Tomorrow we are going to the Andes Mountains, I’m so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment