Friday, May 25, 2018

Week 2 - Denise



This week has been a blast! I've been all over Chile, haha I wish but I've done so much. On the big weekend my family took me to their house in Quillon. My family invited me to a restaurant of local food. We went to the grocery store and it was unbelievably packed with people. I was amazed by the amount of people I saw at the grocery store that day. We visited a zoo, and I got to see a lion for the first time, here, in Chile. I still cant believe it. We got to visit the little town of Quinchamali, which is famous for its pottery. On Saturday, the town of Chillan was our destiny. Surrounded by the mountains, this city besides being cold is really nice and picturesque.
I'm really happy with my family. They are all caring and usually they won't let me be on my own, they're afraid something is going to occur to me. The boys like to play Fifa and they failed in the attempt to teach me, but Uno and Preguntados made it an enjoyable, fun night.
Once we got back to Concepcion, on Tuesday they took us to the University of Concepcion, where we got learn more about their art and educational systems. That day for some reason I got an allergic reaction on God-knows-what and the medicine I took for that left me really drowsy. The best day was when they took us to Chiflon del Diablo. Being in a mine,below sea level was exciting for many of us. The paths down there were really steep, but they did not stop us from getting to the end of the tour. We got to understand more about how the miners used to live there. The city of Lota had a peaceful beach and I promised myself to go back there in the future.

¡Esta semana ha sido una maravilla! He estado en todo Chile, jaja, pero he hecho mucho. El gran fin de semana mi familia me llevó a su casa en Quillon. Mi familia me invitó a un restaurante de comida local. Fuimos a la tienda de comestibles y estaba increíblemente lleno de gente. Me sorprendió la cantidad de personas que vi en el supermercado ese día. Visitamos un zoológico, y pude ver un león por primera vez, aquí, en Chile. Todavía no puedo creerlo. Tenemos que visitar la pequeña ciudad de Quinchamali, que es famosa por su cerámica. El sábado, el pueblo de Chillan fue nuestro destino. Rodeado por las montañas, esta ciudad además de fría es realmente bonita y pintoresca.

Estoy muy feliz con mi familia. Todos son cariñosos y generalmente no me dejan estar solo, temen que algo se me ocurra. A los niños les gusta jugar Fifa y fracasaron en el intento de enseñarme, pero Uno y Preguntados hicieron que fuera una noche agradable y divertida.

Una vez que volvimos a Concepción, el martes nos llevaron a la Universidad de Concepción, donde obtuvimos más información sobre su arte y sus sistemas educativos. Ese día, por alguna razón, tuve una reacción alérgica a Dios sabe qué y la medicina que tomé me dejó muy somnoliento. El mejor día fue cuando nos llevaron a Chiflon del Diablo. Estar en una mina, debajo del nivel del mar fue emocionante para muchos de nosotros. Los caminos eran muy empinados, pero no nos impidieron llegar al final de la gira. Tenemos que entender más acerca de cómo los mineros solían vivir allí. La ciudad de Lota tenía una playa tranquila y me prometí regresar allí en el futuro

No comments:

Post a Comment