Thursday, May 17, 2018

Officially in Chile! - Erica

I can't believe we have already been here a week! I arrived in Chile and had the warmest welcome from my host family. They are loving, helpful, and cook amazing food - Cazuela has been my favorite so far. It is perfect for a rainy day (the norm here) and kept me full through the night. They have the sweetest cuddly dog who has now become my shadow at times. They love to laugh and make me feel right at home.

¡No puedo creer que ya hayamos estado aquí por una semana! Llegué a Chile y recibí la más cálida bienvenida de mi familia anfitriona. Son amables, serviciales y cocinan comida increíble. Cazuela ha sido mi favorita hasta ahora. Es perfecto para un día lluvioso (la norma aquí) y me mantuvo lleno durante toda la noche. Tienen el perro mimoso más dulce que ahora se ha convertido en mi sombra a veces. Les encanta reír y me hacen sentir como en casa.
I am at the Huerto campus, lovingly named 'The Little School'. I am with one of the English teachers, Ms. Claudia, in 3rd, 4th, and one 2nd grade class. She loves the kids and you can feel it right away! The classroom is constantly buzzing with conversation, learning, and excitement. I started my teaching in the early elementary grades but love the older grades here. They are extremely curious about the US and all my favorite things.

Estoy en el campus de Huerto, cariñosamente llamado 'The Little School'. Estoy con una de las maestras de inglés, la Sra. Claudia, en la 3 °, 4 ° y una clase de 2 ° grado. ¡Ella ama a los niños y puedes sentirlo de inmediato! El aula está constantemente llena de conversación, aprendizaje y emoción. Empecé a enseñar en los primeros grados de primaria, pero amo las notas más antiguas aquí. Ellos son extremadamente curiosos sobre los Estados Unidos y todas mis cosas favoritas.
I am looking forward to the next two exciting weeks of Chilean eats and thermal baths! Chao!

No comments:

Post a Comment